Amadou is a natural material obtained from a certain oak fungus. Is not a simple thing to have it because the fungus raise only in very old forest, usually on trees older than 100 years ( difficult to find in Europe in these days ). The fungus is processed in a special way in more than 60days , is hammered with wood hammers, boiled, left in water with ash until the material get softer and delicate like a velvet. Is dried and and then cut in desired shapes and sheets. It is a lot of hand work in a long period of time but in the end we have a nice piece of handcraft that will save the day especially when you fish with CDC flies!
How to use the Classic Amadou Fly Dishing Drier:
- before to use on wet flies be sure that you washed the fish slim.
- put the flies between amadou and squeeze for a few sec
- the amadou will completely absorb the water
- put a drop of CDC oil or gel if you want and the fly will be like new again
- amadou sheets fixed on support leather
- all is hand made
- amadou sheets have a thinkness between 3mm and 8mm
- the patch have a ring to be easy attached to the vest
- the amadou sheets can be replaced after an intensive use with a new ones
- don't let the drier in rain, the water will destroy the amadou sheets
TL Amadou Fly Dryer
- Brand: TroutLine
- Product Code: TLamadou
- Availability: In Stock